Dr. Jun Chen
College of Engineering
Department of Aerospace Engineering
Dr. Chen's research area includes dynamics, control, machine learning and artificial intelligence, particularly in data-driven modeling, control and optimization for large-scale networked dynamical systems, with applications in mechanical and aerospace engineering such as air traffic control, traffic flow management, and autonomous air/ground vehicle systems.
Dr. Chen’s research spans theory and practice, including both algorithm development and real-world field tests.
Awards & Honors
- Purdue College of Engineering Outstanding Research Award, 2018
- John L. and Patricia R. Rich Scholarship at Purdue University, 2017
- Ph.D., Purdue University
- Modeling, Control and Optimization of Large-Scale Networked Systems
- Computational Stochastic and Robust Optimization
- Distributed Control and Optimization of Autonomous Systems
- Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) and UAS Traffic Management (UTM)
- Jun Chen, Daniel DeLaurentis, and Dengfeng Sun, "Dynamic Stochastic Model for Converging Inbound Air Traffic," Journal of Guidance,Control and Dynamics, Vol.39, No.10 (2016), pp. 2273-2283.
- Jun Chen, Lijian Chen and Dengfeng Sun, "Air Traffic Flow Management under Uncertainty Using Chance-Constrained Optimization," Transportation Research Part B, 102 (2017): 124-141
- Jun Chen, Yi Cao and Dengfeng Sun, "Modeling, Optimization and Operation of Large-scale Air Traffic Flow Management on Spark," Journal of Aerospace Information Systems, Vol.14, No.9 (2017), pp. 504-516.
- Jun Chen, and Dengfeng Sun, "Stochastic Ground Delay Program Planning in a Metroplex," Journal of Guidance,Control and Dynamics, Vol.41, No.1 (2018), pp. 231-239.
- Lijian Chen, Chiang Wen-Chyuan, Robert Russell, Jun Chen and Dengfeng Sun "Probabilistic Vehicle Routing Problem with Service Guarantees" Transportation Research Part E, Vol.111 (2018), pp. 149-164.
- Jun Chen and Meng Li, “Air Traffic Delay Prediction Based on Machine Learning and Delay Propagation,” AIAA Conference on Guidance, Navigation and Control, 2019, Accepted